Sunday 3 February 2008

New adventures in friands

Now if you’re anything like me you lie awake at night rueing the fact that a friand is always better with raspberries in it, but to get that flavour combination you sacrifice the lovely domed top of the friand.

I believe I highlighted this sadness in my original friand post.

Well, worry not my friends for I have had somewhat of a eureka! moment. I tried a batch of friands and put half the mix into the tray. Then I put the raspberries in. Now you see them:


Then I covered them with the rest of the mix. Now you don’t:


And they domed!

2 comments:

glamah16 said...

Definately better looking. Im sure the taste is still just as good.

dabrah said...

I'm definitely going to try these. I'm sure that this is what Laura Thyme was raving about in a recent episode of Rosemary and Thyme that had them murder solving/landscaping in France somewhere.