Sunday 13 January 2008

What the Caked Crusader chose to bake to this week (12 Jan 2008)

Strange thing the mind. Well, mine is anyway. This week I couldn’t stop humming a song – you know what it’s like; a nugget of a tune gets in your brain and you can’t shift it. The song was “We’ve Got Everything We Need”. I hadn’t listened to it for 5 years, maybe more, but there was it was in my brain – fully formed. All the lyrics too.

It comes from the album Out of Here by Tim Keegan and the Departure Lounge and was released in 1999. I can’t even remember why I bought the CD back then. It was never a commercial hit so I’m baffled as to how I came across it . But I’m glad I did because it’s still a wonderful CD. The internet informs me that the band have long since disbanded which makes me sad that they didn’t record more – I remember their second (and final) album not quite matching the quality of the first. How can you not love a band who call a song “Save me from Happiness”?

No comments: